The Philpott case is horrific; so is the attempt to highjack it for any political purpose – Some sense from Alex Massie.
15 Mid-Century Modern Dream Homes that will Kill Your Children – The hidden hazards of modern architecture
“Paying More In” – Stumbling and Mumbling explaining one foolish statement people make about benefits and social security.
Margaret Thatcher: This is a state funeral, and that’s a mistake – Like a Targaryen monarch, there’s a 50-50 chance as to whether a Peter Oborne column will be totally barking or well worth reading. This is the latter.
Bitcoin Is No Longer A Currency – A good explanation of Bitcoin’s rise as an example of a bubble commodity, rather than a currency.
Help me pay the bills
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Worth Reading 148: End of the stable relationships
- What I would have said in the Europe debate at Conference
- On party membership
- Receive-Accept-Sample: How people form opinions
- Sepp Blatter and the selectorate theory: FIFA shows how autocrats survive
- On the new Doctor
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Liberals, social democrats and Liberal Democrats: The Economist joins the long list of those not understanding the difference