The UK scores worst in electoral integrity in Western Europe. Here’s why – Good analysis by Democratic Audit of all the flaws in the UK’s electoral processes. It’s Confederate Heritage Month! Day 1 – For as long as I’ve been blogging, David Neiwert’s…
I spent yesterday in London at the first ever Councillor Camp. This wasn’t a group of local government people hanging around in tents and/or pretending to be Kenneth Williams, but a version of BarCamp especially for councillors who wanted to look at ways…
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Liberal Democrats for Basic Income, anyone?
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Police and Crime Commissioners, democracy and accountability
- Vice-President Bloomberg?
- Separating Government and Parliament
- Canada's Conservatives and Britain's Labour Party share a similar problem
- The curse of the Very Serious People
- Waste collections over bank holidays
- Ridiculously out-of-date book reviews: The Clegg Coup