Russell Brand and our political culture – Chris Dillow argues that Brand gets publicity because our political culture as a whole is anti-intellectual. Stuffing envelopes and getting stuffed – An alternative take on Liberal Democrat campaigning by Alex Harrowell. The Laborers Who Keep…
I spent yesterday in London at the first ever Councillor Camp. This wasn’t a group of local government people hanging around in tents and/or pretending to be Kenneth Williams, but a version of BarCamp especially for councillors who wanted to look at ways…
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Who is (or was) Balustrade Lanyard?
- Worth Reading 112: Emergency link supply
- Weekly Walk #2: West Bergholt, Great Horkesley and High Woods
- Why the 2014 coup against Clegg was botched
- Momentum and the future of political parties
- Miliband's speech: does he want real change, or just change that works for Labour?
- Safe beneath the watchful eyes
- Thoughts on the night-time economy, in Colchester and elsewhere