James notes that we might just have exhausted the possible uses of ‘progressive’: What’s worrying is the way political discourse has become dominated by these non-words. Pace Obama, “change” including “real change”, “the change we need” and “now for change” has become ubiquitous.…
Archive of posts published in the tag: vacuity
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- What if Colchester had been moved to Suffolk?
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Why I'm stepping back up and standing for council again
- Some notes on planning
- Russell and liberalism: Some thoughts in conclusion
- So Nick, how goes the PhD?
- Should we directly elect the Prime Minister?
- Expect a very disappointing sequel election in the 2020s