James notes that we might just have exhausted the possible uses of ‘progressive’: What’s worrying is the way political discourse has become dominated by these non-words. Pace Obama, “change” including “real change”, “the change we need” and “now for change” has become ubiquitous.…
Archive of posts published in the tag: vacuity
He gave away Cadillacs once in a while, had sex in his underpants - yes, he had style!
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Dear Liberal Reform, declaring something is 'a solution' doesn't make it one
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Northern Ireland: Did the centre hold?
- Who is (or was) Balustrade Lanyard?
- European liberal parties don't alternate between governments of left and right anymore
- The Pier to Pier walk for St Helena Hospice
- The problems of equidistance: a reply to Phil Edwards
- Equidistance is good at winning votes, but not seats
- Should your vote be worth less as you get older?