James notes that we might just have exhausted the possible uses of ‘progressive’: What’s worrying is the way political discourse has become dominated by these non-words. Pace Obama, “change” including “real change”, “the change we need” and “now for change” has become ubiquitous.…
Archive of posts published in the tag: vacuity
Help me pay the bills
Top Posts & Pages
- Radicals and Democrats and Renewals, oh my!
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Receive-Accept-Sample: How people form opinions
- New academic research project on political party members
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- 2015 General Election Day 20: Selfies and Loonies
- Miliband's speech: does he want real change, or just change that works for Labour?
- On party membership
- What if Margaret Thatcher had carried on as Prime Minister after 1990?
- Closing the Overton Window