James notes that we might just have exhausted the possible uses of ‘progressive’: What’s worrying is the way political discourse has become dominated by these non-words. Pace Obama, “change” including “real change”, “the change we need” and “now for change” has become ubiquitous.…
Archive of posts published in the tag: vacuity
Top Posts & Pages
- Who is (or was) Balustrade Lanyard?
- Why do people join political parties? (And why don't they do it now?)
- Worth Reading 112: Emergency link supply
- Momentum and the future of political parties
- Is choosing a Prime Ministerial candidate five years before an election a good idea?
- Why the 2014 coup against Clegg was botched
- Thoughts on the Lib Dems: Past, present and (hopefully) future
- Weekly Walk #2: West Bergholt, Great Horkesley and High Woods
- Weekly Walk #1: The Wivenhoe Trail
- Safe beneath the watchful eyes